Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Adventure Begins

After seeking out locations to purchase a CB6000 in Southern California, i finally found myself standing face to face with the door to JT's Stockroom. My heart pounded in my chest and I tried to control the shaking of my hands. I glanced up and down Sunset Bouldevard and then reached forward for the handle on the nondescript door with the simple "OPEN" sign indicating that the Stockroom was open for business.

Upon opening the door, I stepped into an environment different from any adult-novelty store that I had ever been too. This was NOT a novelty store - this place was designed for people that could never be satisfied by mere toys and inexpensive articles. There were racks of apparel fashioned from leather, latex and other materials. There were display cases with clips, whips, cuffs, and an assortment of items that I had no idea what they were or how to use them. The store also distinctly catered to the gay scene.

I circled the downstairs once looking for any chastity devices they might have. The gentleman behind the counter was finishing a transaction with another customer. As the customer began to leave the store, I was asked whether I needed any assistance. Voice cracking and words tumbling out, I replied that I was looking for a CB6000. The gentleman informed me that they were upstairs and that I could go upstairs to look around while he finished up down below.

Upon ascending the staircase, the wall of which was adorned with images of attractive men and women wearing various styles of fetish attire, I was greeted with a room full of very serious looking fetish items. Strap-ons and dildos could be found large enough that a small child could be delivered with ease through any orifice able to accommodate them. Electrical gadgets and items of various materials, some looking like medieval medical devices, were carefully laid out in various display cases.

After what seemed to be an eternity, but which was actually only a few moments, the salesman made it upstairs and presented me with a CB6000. I held it in my quivering hands and examined it. While larger than I had envisioned, it appeared to be very well made. I quietly said that I would take it and the salesman retrieved a new CB6000 from a cabinet, very much like a salesman from Tiffany's would be retrieving a new necklace from a cabinet after a selection is made by a customer.

Returning downstairs, I glanced at the women depicted in the pictures. Were any of these women someone that created the blog postings or websites that I have read over the years? One can only imagine. As we approached the counter, I knew I would have to find a way to place the money on the counter instead of handing the money to the saleman - my hands simply were shaking too much at this point.

As he rang up the purchase, I placed what I believed to be the amount due on the counter. I had calculated it and missed it by a dollar. As I handed him the dollar, he returned the change to my very noticeably trembling hand. I fumbled and dropped the coins. Scooping them up, I was ready to bolt for the door. As I turned to leave, the salesman asked me to wait. Wait, I thought. Wait for what? He explained that he was printing a receipt. After all of the time I had thought through and planned for this purchase, I surely would not need a receipt. Nevertheless, I waited for my receipt and then disappeared out the front door ready to face the new world that lay ahead.

-CH

3 comments:

  1. congratulations. I find service to my wife flows more natural now that my release frequency has decreased. I was on a twice a week thing, but now am on a "whenever she decides" thing and have just passed two weeks.

    Thx for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a funny story. I know I've has similar nervous experiences in public. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on taking that step to answer your desires ;)

    ReplyDelete